Tuesday, January 18, 2011


This is the first day of inclement weather.  Very lucky really since were travelling in the dead of winter.  Its what they call sleet.  Basically its freezing rain on top of snow, so when it hits the ground, it makes a slurry mess.  Makes the day a bit difficult.

Even though weve been travelling in freezing and below zero temperatures its been easier than at home where you just get the rain.  The rain is what stops you from doing what you want and makes a real mess.  With snow it doesn’t really get in the way, you just work with it.

Anyway did a bit more looking around.  Rieley wanted to pick up something from FAO Schwartz, as its her tradition to pick something up from there every time we come here. 

As we were so close, I went and visited the Tiffany’s store on 5th.  It is my favourite as it’s the largest and original.  Four floors of beautiful things.  And yes I did try a couple of rings on but I didn’t tell Adam or he would have tried to buy me one and I think Im spoilt enough!  It always amazes me how good they make jewellery look.  Every piece shimmers and shines and says ‘pick me’ as you walk by the display cases.  BEAUTIFUL!

As Im sitting here in my room overlooking the Hudson river Im realizing just how bad the weather is because I can no longer see the Hudson river?  There is a total gray haze, were up on the 37th floor and usually can see for miles.

Time to start getting ready for the theatre now.  Luckily the venue is on the next block so couldn’t get any easier than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment